Music, etc.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas



Christmas morning: time to sit back, relax, open gifts and enjoy the company of those you love. This Christmas morning, however, a piece of news relayed to me by my grandmother put a damper on what was supposed to be a momentous day. No amount of Christmas cookies, eggnog or carols could make up for the terrible news.

I had plans to see the Godfater of Soul, James Brown, next week at Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ. Sadly, I will no longer be attending this concert. Brown died early this morning due to pneumonia. He was an absolute legend in the music business as well as one of the worlds biggest contributers to soul and funk music.

Brown was no stranger to Christmas tunes, releasing "James Brown's Funky Christmas" in 1968. These two are my personal favorties from the great album.






Aside from the horrible news, Christmas has been treating me fairly. I am now much more wealthy then I was yesterday at this time and I'm also the pround new owner of an awsome coat. Enjoy the Christmas tunes. I will probably get back to daily posts next week or so. In the mean time, I'll post when I feel the need.



Christmas at the Zoo- The Flaming Lips








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home