Music, etc.

Sunday, August 06, 2006


Post-War


What is there to say about M. Ward that hasn't been said before? The man is a brilliant song writer, plain and simple. Last year's Transistor Radio made it on to my top 10 2005 and 'Fuel for Fire' ranked as the number 2 song of last year for me (behind Casimir Pulaski Day). I first heard of Ward while watching the Austin City Limits concert with Bright Eyes on PBS. Sure, Bright Eyes was good, but the one song that sttod out for me was M. Ward's O'brien. From that point I discovered Transistor Radio and worked myself backward.

Ward has already built up a pretty extensive catalog for himself, and in a couple of weeks, he plans to add to it. His new LP, Post-War, is due put August 22nd, meaning I will make sure I have nothing to do that day so I can give it the good listen it deserves. The three tracks that have been leaked are superb.

A few weeks ago he had a free show planned in the city, but for some reason he canceled. This really upset me because U really wanted to attend. I have never seen him live before and the fact that it was free was an added bonus. He is stopping at Webster Hall this September, but all my cash is tied up in Decmberists/Flaming Lips/Sufjan tickets (I have all three, yes!). While it upsets me that I won't get to see Post-War live, I'm still happy to see a new Ward album out this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home