Music, etc.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Magnetic Monday


Sadly, I haven't made a post since the last Magnetic Monday, but what can I say? Truth is that I am just too lazy. However, I have been listening to a lot of 69 Love Songs this week and there is one track that really stands out. I've had it on repeat for the entire day.

The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side is one of the more convential songs on the album, but that doesn't make it less fantastic than the others. The lyrics are rather sad, yet the singer doesn't seem to mind being used for his car. He understands that his car is the reason for him going on rides with the lovely lady, but what does he care. None of the other guys on the Lower East Side are riding with the girl. I guess it's good to have something even if it's materialistic; just that one thing that keeps you going whne everything else isn't so good.

This song is so hopeful and so sad. It reminds me a lot of some more recent Jens Lekman tracks; no doubt he is a 69 Love Songs fan.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home